Are coupon affiliates good or bad? Below is a list of opinions, facts and myths about coupon sites as well as tests to measure their value in a very detailed Q&A format.
Questions & Answers to Working With Coupon Affiliates:
- Coupon sites DO NOT add value
- 70%+ of referrals are new, they are a customer acquisition channel (myth bust inside)
- They will do “SEO” for you as a promotional method (solution in this section)
- Because I work with coupon sites, high-value adding partners won’t work with me
- I have attribution tracking set up so I’m good to go
- They have a high EPC, so they’re good
- High conversion rates mean they’re a good partner
- Will setting commissions lower or to zero solve the problem
- How can I tell if they’re poaching my shopping cart
- Coupon sites increase AOV (some good tips here)
- How can I test if coupon sites are adding value (this is the section you want to read most)
- How do I remove them from my program
If there is one that I missed or you would like to add to the list, please send me a message through the contact form or include it in the comments section below. However, I ask that you backup and provide a reliable reference or reasoning for anything that you claim or I will not publish the comment.