One of the most common obstacles that cause stagnation with content, SEO, affiliate earnings, and PPC teams is that there are “no more keywords, modifiers or topics to go after”. A lesser known, but common issue, is that SEOs and Affiliate Managers get blocked from having access to PPC accounts. That is why I’m writing this step-by-step guide on locating new keywords for SEO that drive sales.
Below you’ll find a new way to discover keywords phrases that can convert into revenue, because they are based on data, not assumptions, and you’ll have a solid reason why you need PPC account access to give to your boss or clients.
After I show you how to locate these keywords and phrases, you’ll learn when, why and how to incorporate them into:
- Product and category pages
- Location pages
- Blog posts
Let’s start by figuring out how to find the keywords that have volume and also drive sales. This is important for ecommerce stores, lead gen companies, service providers, and affiliates.
- Log into your adwords account – if you don’t have one, create one and launch campaigns with conversion tracking on.
- Set the date range to at least 3 or 4 months, the shopping season you’re building content for (Valentine’s, Back to School, Engagement, etc…), or the year to date if you have a solid amount of data.
- Click on Campaigns > Select an Ad Group > Click the “Search Terms” tab on the keywords page
- Modify the columns so you have these five showing:
- Search term
- Match type
- Now export to a spreadsheet or sort by match type.
- Delete or exclude all rows that have zero conversions from your spreadsheet or ignore them within the interface.
This is your gold mine. As long as you do not have “broad match” for everything, [Read more…] about How to Find Keywords & Content Topics That Convert Into Sales