I am completely in love with Genesis for WordPress now and highly recommend it. I have begun transferring all of my sites over which is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I don’t have to code or know anything about it and there are seriously good tutorials on how to replace or add things like adsense to genesis for wordpress. One thing I was having trouble with was figuring out how to get my main navigation across the top or just under the header to come back when I switched over. It ended up being an extremely simple thing to do. Here are step by step instructions.
1. Click on Appearance in the left hand navigation and click on Menus either next to your theme or in the navigation.
2. Now add a name to the Navigation Menu that you will remember.
3. Now add the pages that belong in this navigation menu.
4. Now click on the save menu buttons.
5. The last step is to select the name you chose for your menu and then assign it to the First or Secondary Navigation Menus.
6. Now click save.
That’s all it takes to be able to add menus and navigation to your wordpress site and any wordpress sites that use the Genesis Framework. Switching over from regular wordpress to Genesis was tricky and I was scared of it. Now that I have started to change all of my blogs and some static websites over to wordpress and genesis for wordpress I couldn’t be happier. The designs are awesome. I love the SEO features and I combine them with different plug ins to make sure I have everything I need and they are insanely easy to use. If you haven’t switched over from regular or that other popular framework for wordpress, I highly recommend you do. You can also use my Affiliate Links on this post or any of my other wordpress and Genesis posts. That is how you add a menu including adding a navigation menu to wordpress and to add menus and navigation to Genesis on wordpress.