Countless businesses (and potentially your own if you’re reading this) have gone from successful to the graveyard and at no fault of their own. Whether it is a Facebook page that was given false metrics or got shut down without warning or what appears to be happening with OnlyFans. Your income and your company should never be reliant on any one platform. The minute that platform changes their TOS, you can lose everything.
If you’re a content creator you should be using these platforms to build your following and your revenue, not the other way around. And that is the issue many content creators are finding out the hard way.
If you’re a content creator you should be using these platforms to build your following and your revenue, not the other way around.
If you’re reliant on a single platform or revenue stream like AdSense or Sponsorships, now is the time to diversify. Do not wait for the weekend to research, not next month, now! Trust me, I have first hand experience watching things fall apart and none of it being in my control. That’s how and why I built my agency and company. And there are countless others who have gone through the same.
This post has three sections. Feel free to read through (which I recommend) or jump to the most relevant one using the links below:
- Build your own platform
- Create unique assets for each third party platform (not as bad as it sounds)
- Diversify your monetization
Before I jump into how to build your own platform you can make money from I want to say I am not going to blame or bash OnlyFans for making this decision. According to the article I linked to above and another article published on Axios, OnlyFans is being asked by their funding to do this. It is a business decision they are likely being forced into and something OnlyFans likely doesn’t want to do. Who would want to purposely kill off a massive revenue stream that is widely successful? That’s why I am not going to talk bad about them and encourage you to think about the negative impact they know this will have on them as well. But it also builds a massive opportunity for you to become independent.
If anything in this post is confusing, leave a comment below and I’ll respond or reach out via email. If you join and activate in either of the two affiliate programs below I can provide you with multiple resources to make it easier to implement the strategies below. Please note the links below are mostly affiliate links so I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them.
Here’s the two affiliate programs to join:
Build Your Own Platform
The first thing to do is to build your own platform.
If you’re one of the many entertainers switching away from OnlyFans or looking for an OnlyFans alternative, don’t go to the competitors. What happens if they are also bank funded and need to change policies? Now you’re back to struggling.
Instead of depending on a third party like OnlyFans or YouTube, build your own website and use these third party platforms to send traffic to the website you control.
- Setting up your own website (you no longer need to know how to code thanks to WordPress) on a host that allows your type of content.
- OnlyFans creators can sometimes use WPEngine and MojoHost is built for adult content creators.
- Make sure you buy a hard drive or cloud based backup as well, because your host could change policies and delete your content. Having a backup will help protect you and backing up your website can normally be automated.
- Add in an email system (Aweber, Mad Mimi, Constant Contact, CheetahMail, etc…).
- If you’re an OnlyFans content creator try YNot, they work with the adult industry and specifically cam stars and live streamers.
- Create a plan to get people off of the third party controlled platforms.
- Offer exclusive content once the subscriber double verifies their email.
- Host a contest for a small group chat with an AMA as the prize.
- You could even do a weekly private AMA for VIP subscribers.
- Collaborate with other similar performers for a live and exclusive show only available through subscribing to your platform.
- Feature a giveaway with your own content and see if brands will contribute a prize or two.
Create Unique Assets for Each Third Party Platform
This is much easier than it sounds. Whether you have a blog post, a new page, or a landing page, make sure to fill out all required fields in your website’s backend and with the correct sizes. This way your content can be shared properly across platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, [Read more…] about OnlyFans Alternative – How to Not Rely on One Platform