Affiliate Summit is in less than two weeks and there are a lot of questions in different blogging and influencer groups about how to know which merchants (stores or retailers) to partner with. Below you’ll find a series of questions you can ask to find out if the affiliate program is good for bloggers, YouTubers and social media influencers, or if you should politely pass on the opportunity.
Underneath the bulleted list you’ll find a series of detailed answers and what to listen for in the vendors’ responses. One thing that is important to note is that even if there are issues in the program or with the manager, there are almost always solutions so don’t just say no if one of the issues comes up. These questions also work great for other shows or just evaluating a program in general…they aren’t show specific.
Questions to ask affiliate managers before joining a program:
- Which states do you have to block for nexus?
- Do you work with coupon affiliates?
- How is attribution set up?
- How can we track my sales from Instagram?
- Is cross device tracking set up?
- What specific actions will track across devices?
- Can I get a product for review?
- Do you offer media buys or sponsored posts?
- How is the affiliate channel attributed with other channels?
- Do you work with adware?
- Which adware affiliates have you declined and why?
- What network/s are you on?
(please note that all external links are my affiliate links and I’ll earn a commission if you shop through them)