If you’re not the type to whine and complain about Facebook reducing brand content visibility, then you’re the type who reads my blog. It’s going to be tough for a lot of people (because they used gimmicks like giveaways and invite a friend to build an audience), and increasing organic reach on Facebook now involves “work”, “research” and “marketing”. But if you begin to use Facebook as a professional instead of just seeing what got likes and shares, you too can win and potentially grow or scale your company’s reach.
Below is one example of step-by-step instructions to find that core, engaged fanbase of evangelists which is what you need to do to beat this new algorithm and get some solid organic exposure. Yes, you will need to spend a little bit of money to find them, but luckily it won’t be too much if you do this right.
I’m breaking it down into 5 simple steps and in the explanations, it’s only three. It’s that easy so no joining in the complaining and Facebook bashing. Instead be proactive and start testing and growing. On a side note, I have not used this specific idea with any of my clients yet, but I am certainly going to be using this one, but more in depth and detailed as they’re ready for it.
Steps to Get More Organic Reach On Facebook:
- Install the Facebook pixel
- Learn how to create a custom audience based on URLs
- Go advanced and create a unique audience based on the type of content (most companies will only need 4 or 5 of these audiences)
- Publish some “quality” content that uses a landing page
- Publish the next round of content and run it as an ad to the custom audience
Here’s more detail on these 5 steps.